Welcome to the 2021-22 school year! We are very excited to have you as part of our Dual Language School where students are learning.
In this handbook, you will find information regarding policies and procedures that help us reach this goal and ensure a safe environment for learning.
Please take some time to review this handbook with your child. If you have questions, please let us know. We welcome your feedback, questions, and ideas. We look forward to another successful school year!
The purpose of Madrona Elementary School is to educate, empower, and nurture each child through rich and rigorous bilingual instruction, embracing our multicultural identity while growing together in partnership with students, families, staff, and community.
In order to fulfill our mission, we commit to...
- Provide a welcoming and safe place for students and families
- Communicate important school information through multiple means- website, robo calls, newsletter, family meetings
- Provide standards-based instruction to support students academic and social-emotional learning growth
- Use assessment data and student’s strengths to inform student instruction and support
- Communicate and partner with families about student’s progress and goals on a regular basis
- Provide strategies for families to assist students with meeting their learning goals
- Attend school regularly and to do my best
- Set goals to help me grow
- Discuss with my family what I am learning at school
- Read or listen to a read aloud for 30 minutes a night
- Follow our school guidelines for success: make good decisions, solve problems, show respect
- Update online verification each year and as needed with contacts, health and emergency information
- Communicate and partner with teachers about my student’s goals and progress
- Teach and promote good school attendance. Contact the office if your student is absent.
- Ask my student, “What did you do at school today?” (“In math, in reading, on the playground, etc..?”)
- Check your student’s backpack and school calendar daily, to be aware of early dismissals, special events, and no school days.
Help your student to read or listen to a read aloud 30 minutes daily- see ARC Home Coach ideas for more ways to support your child’s reading.