Local levy dollars provide critical funding for education programs so all Highline students have equitable opportunities to succeed in school.
Renewal of the Highline Education Levy is on the November 2 ballot.
The levy renews support for ongoing expenses over the next four years. It pays for basics not fully funded by the state, including:
- Support and training for teachers and instructional assistants so they can provide students with high-quality instruction
- Academic support to keep students on track for the next grade level
- Counselors and social workers who support students' social-emotional needs
- Equitable course offerings for high school students, including Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate and other college credit courses
- Nearly all school nurses and many other staff, including teachers, instructional assistants and librarians.
The levy is not a new tax—it renews an expiring levy.
Watch this video to see why we have a levy measure on the ballot and what it funds. Learn more about our levy.