Welcome Back Letter 2020-2021
¡Hola Madrona Families!
Welcome to the 2020-21 school year! We hope you and your family are doing well and staying healthy during this challenging time. Our staff has missed being with our Madrona community so much over the last several months.
As a staff, we acknowledge that the 2020-2021 school year is beginning with a set of challenges and opportunities that are far different from any other school experience we have had. While COVID-19 has shifted learning to an online experience this fall, our staff is committed to providing high quality teaching and learning opportunities for all students. We have learned a great deal from last spring about distance learning and will use that experience to make it a successful year.
I know you will have a lot of questions about this upcoming year and we are here to support you! Our staff has been working very hard to prepare and be the best and most amazing educators of your students as possible. We are here to help you and your students as we navigate this new way of learning!
Thank you for being such amazing supporters to our school community! We appreciate you and look forward to seeing you.
Kellie Hernandez, Principal
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade students will receive an iPad. Once we have an arrival date, we will schedule a pick up time for families. In the meantime if your student needs a device, you can pick up a Chromebook to use on September 3 from 5:00-7:00
- 2nd-5th Grade students will receive a touch screen Chromebook. If you have not picked up your student’s device, please come to the bus zone on September 3 from 5:00-7:00.
Family Connection Meetings on September 3, 4, and 8
- Teachers will be contacting you to schedule meetings. Family connection meetings are an opportunity for teachers to learn about your hopes and dreams for your student and how we can partner with you to help your student have a successful year!
School Materials Distribution
- We will have a variety of student materials, including whiteboards and math tools, for your child. More details soon!
Teacher Assignment for 20-21 School Year
- Please log in to ParentVue. This is a system that you will need to sign up for if you have not previously done so. For help, please call the front office at: 206-631-4100.
- You can view all your children’s records (teacher assignment, attendance, grades) on ParentVue and communicate with teachers in your preferred language, and it will automatically be translated.
First Day of School is September 9th
- Teachers will send Zoom links through email and text on September 3rd. Student schedules and Zoom links can also be found on Seesaw. Together, we will make this a great year!
For additional information, please visit https://www.highlineschools.org/return-to-learn/family-guide