|Per. 1||Swinton||Lundy||Middleton||Taylor IAC|
|Per. 2||Jenkins||Melton||Farrar||Vroom 1|
|3rd Grade||Farwell||Diaz||Steindorf||Reese 5|
|2nd Grade||Fosnaugh||Ayon||McManamon||Brue 2|
- Monday- Thursday: 8:10 a.m. - 3:40 p.m.
- Friday: 8:10 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Students check out books each week during their library visit, and they may keep them for one week. Books may be renewed for another week, if the student brings them to the library.
- Kindergarteners may check out one book.
- 1st graders may check out two books.
- 2nd - 6th graders may check out three books.
Each year students are taught how to take proper care of all library materials. Please help your student by finding a safe place to keep their library materials at home (a shelf, a basket, in their backpack, etc.). All library materials should also be kept away from food, drinks, and pets. Accidents do happen; however, any lost or damaged books must be paid for. Thank you for your help in this matter. Let's keep the Madrona library filled with great books!
Remember these guidelines when reading a book:
- Read with clean hands.
- Use a bookmark to mark your place.
- Keep food and drinks away from your books.
- Keep books in a safe place and away from pets.
- Keep all pencils, crayons, and pens away from your books.
- Put books in your backpack to return them to school promptly.
- If your book gets damaged (a torn page), bring it to the library to get repaired. Please don't try to fix it at home.
If a book is lost or damaged, it must be paid for. The replacement cost of the book is quoted on the overdue notice. (School District Board Policy #3520 states in part "A student shall be responsible for the cost of replacing materials or property in the student's care, custody or control, which are lost or damaged due to student negligence.").
Please pay the fine with exact cash or a check made out to Madrona Elementary, and send the payment to school in an envelope marked "Library." The payment is refundable if a lost book is found and returned during the current school year.
Students who owe money to the library lose the privilege of borrowing more materials and will not receive their final report card until the fine is paid.